Thursday 19 January 2012

revenge of the dentist

Yesterday I went to the dentist. I was afraid of dentists all my life due to immense pain of fixing my teeth without anesthetic when I was a child.

I wrote out the fears that I could remember, before I went to the dentist's office. On the way there I was amazed at myself how I'm not worried about going to the dentist. I was laughing on the inside. I was yet again flabbergasted by the undeniable effect of self-forgiveness.

I didn't get weak knees, when I sat on the dentist's chair. I didn't panic, when I saw the drilling machinery. My heart didn't race, when he was checking my mouth.

He was checking and poking around, stretching my lips apart like he wanted to make them two sizes bigger, but I didn't flinch. Then he sat next to me, and said: "We'll have to pull that wisdom tooth out." I felt a swoosh of fear throughout my whole body. I forgot to forgive myself for fearing my teeth being pulled out. I would have laughed at myself, only the fear was too overwhelming. I asked the dentist to let me out of the chair for five minutes, so I could take a stroll and think. I really wanted to go out and do my self-forgiveness, come back, and have it over with. But the dentist suggested we could do another surgery on another tooth, and take this one out next time. I agreed to that, and endured a violent, bruising surgery, with a whole lot less fears than before in my life. My main concern was the anesthetic not being strong enough, and me having to endure pain again. I was not specific enough with my self-forgiveness on that point.

After everything was done, and I was out of the dentist's office, I did start laughing at myself, because I was actually looking forward to going to the dentist the next time without fearing something I had feared for so long and neglected my teeth because of it. What a relief.

http://desteniiprocess.com/

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be afraid of going to the dentist due to anticipation of pain.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to anticipate pain, when I go to the dentist.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be afraid of dentists.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to think/believe/perceive that I will be in a massive amount of pain, if I visit the dentist.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel nervous and worried, whenever I sit down in the dentists chair.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to define/perceive going to the dentist as an experience of immense pain.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel nervous and worried whenever I smell the dentists chemicals.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel nauseous whenever I smell the dentists chemicals.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel nauseous and scared whenever I sit down in the dentists chair.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be afraid of sitting in the dentists chair.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel nervous and worried whenever I sit down in the dentists chair.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to hate dentists because of the pain I have to endure whenever I am there.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be afraid of the physical pain that I must endure in order to have healthy teeth.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be afraid of the dentist drilling in my teeth because of past memories of pain while drilling.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel contempt for dentists, because they choose their profession because of money.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to think/believe/perceive that dentists choose their calling only because of money.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be distrusting of my dentist and think that he is only after money and is not going to really fix my teeth.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel and be careful around dentists, because I defined them as people who are only after money, because who could possibly enjoy smelling and looking into people's mouths.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel and be disgusted by the smell that comes out of people's mouths, when their teeth are bad.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel ashamed of the smell that is coming from my mouth and bad teeth.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to panic whenever I have to sit down in a dentists chair.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to expect pain and be worried about it, whenever I sit down in the dentist's chair.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be worried about being hurt by the dentist physically.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be worried that the dentist is not going to do his job properly.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to accuse dentists of/think/believe/perceive that they are deliberately doing a bad job in order for people to come back to them and make them more money.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to connect the word dentist with the word pain.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear experiencing pain whenever I go to the dentist.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear the dentists critique about my teeth.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to think/believe/perceive that the dentist has a right to be angry with me if I don’t take care of my teeth.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be worried because I do not brush my teeth every day.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to compromise my teeth by not brushing them every day.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel ashamed and embarrassed because my teeth are yellow from smoking.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to think/believe/perceive that beautiful teeth are white.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to connect the word beautiful with having white teeth.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to think/believe/perceive that I am not beautiful/ugly because I have yellow teeth.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel spiteful and jealous of people who have whiter teeth than me.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to want/need/desire to have whiter teeth than I do.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be afraid of going to the dentist because of pain.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be reluctant to visit the dentist because of prior expectations of pain.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear the physical pain that accompanies going to the dentist, instead of realizing that I must do this for my teeth to not fall out.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be worried about having to endure physical pain at the dentists, instead of realizing that I am always ok afterwards and it is only a short lasting pain.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be worried that the anti-pain medication will not work.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be afraid of having an operation done to me and cutting me while I am awake.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be afraid of feeling the sensation of being cut and operated on, while I am awake and fully aware.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel hostility for the dentist because of causing me physical pain.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel violent whenever I experience physical pain.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be afraid and fearful of experiencing physical pain.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel respect for dentists because they are people who are well situated within the system.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel attracted to dentists because they are people who are well situated within the system, and could therefore take care of me.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be afraid of the dentist drilling in my teeth, because I was afraid of the pain, instead of realizing that he must do that in order to save my teeth.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be afraid of the dentist pulling my teeth.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be afraid of the pain that is associated with pulling teeth.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel ashamed and embarrassed that my teeth have to be pulled out.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be afraid of anesthetics not working good enough, and me having to endure physical pain because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment